Great little game. Best rating I've gotten so far is "Getting There" but I'm... getting there.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Long ago, it is said, Arachne the Spinner was cursed by the goddess Athena, mutated into a spider as punishment for her arrogance. Arachne now dwells far below the earth in the caverns of the underworld, ruling over a kingdom of monsters and sending out her children to spy on the world above. Bitten by one such spider, you find yourself succumbing to the same curse, slowly transforming into a terrifying half-spider monstrosity.
Cast out from your village, you have but one hope to undo what has been done; to travel deep into Arachne's domain and slay her before the transformation is complete. No mere human could possibly hope to navigate the web-filled caverns, but your new form has granted you powers that mean you may just stand a chance...
Arachne is a roguelike created in seven days for the 7DRL Challenge 2016, the obligatory twist on the standard formula being that rather than a standard grid, the game takes place on a dynamically deforming spiderweb that you can build and destroy while you play.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Very interesting game. Seems super simple at a glance but is actually frustratingly difficult. I have yet to get a score that the game doesn't consider "bad", but it'll be a fun title to boot up a few times a day for a couple short runs.
Hey, great game! It works fine on my PC, but errors out on my MacBook (running OS X 10.10.5). I know that cross-platform debugging is a pain in the ass for a free game, but in case there's anything you can do, here's the error message:
- AL lib: (WW) FreeDevice: (0x7feef8a96400) Deleting 3 Buffer(s)
- Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't compile shader: ERROR: 0:14: '+' does not operate on 'vec2' and 'int'
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.rendering.RenderingParameters.beginShader(RenderingParameters.java:102)
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.rendering.Renderer.drawMesh(Renderer.java:623)
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.GUI.GUILine.draw(GUILine.java:256)
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.layers.Layer.draw(Layer.java:375)
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.rendering.Renderer.renderState(Renderer.java:249)
- at com.vitruality.GRUMP.GRUMPEngine.render(GRUMPEngine.java:261)
- at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:207)
- at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:114)
I really like the web effect and navigation. Game is very challenging.